This week, while sorting out my bookshelves and getting sidetracked by loved and long-forgotten kids' books, I remembered how much I also coveted bookplates. Quite often I'd enter colouring competitions in the local paper, and even if I didn't win a prize, I'd get a lovely embossed sticky-backed bookplate in the post instead.
So to celebrate being a lifelong bookworm, I present to you a free printable bookplate (decorated with cats, of course). Great for labelling books the old-school way! Here's what you need to do:
- Download the A4 template
- Print onto nice thick paper (or sticky paper, if you like)
- Cut out carefully
- Glue onto the right side of the book's endpaper
- Decorate with your name (in your best curly handwriting) and admire
- Feel reassured that if lost, your book will always be returned to its rightful owner
- Finally, sign up here to receive the latest free printables, directly to your inbox!